Securitas Security Services USA Shared Services Manager in Panama City Beach, Florida
JOB SUMMARY: Manages shared services and/or operational support activities. Provides direction to staff related to the processing and collection of accounts receivable and payroll. Provides operational support related to service planning, proposal development, financial controls and issue resolution.
Primary job function is managing operations and/or shared services planning and execution. Does not have profit & loss responsibility, and does not manage field supervisory staff. This job description applies only to salaried positions performing essential functions of the nature described, with the authority to make independent choices, free from immediate supervision, in significant matters that affect the business, or to carry out tasks that are directly and closely related to such work, no less than 50% of the time.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Ensures the timely and accurate processing of payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable; coaches staff in related policies and procedures; supports resolution of problems; collects delinquent accounts; may supervise shared services staff.
- Provides operational support and assists in service planning; assists in developing proposals.
- As delegated, carries out or assists with security assessments and site surveys; may assist in developing post orders.
- May temporarily act on behalf of line management, as delegated.
- As directed, conducts analyses of operational performance and data, gathers information, and assists in implementing corrective action.
- Reviews expenditures; reviews business and payroll records for accuracy; assists in maintaining equipment inventory; coordinates information systems needs for local operations.
- May participate in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; may assist in coaching staff and in carrying out disciplinary actions, as necessary.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
Education/Experience: Recruiting Experience Required Also, Associate’s degree and 2 or more years of experience in a field related to the security industry and/or business management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Understanding of security operations.
- Knowledge of business operations management and administration.
- Use of personal computer and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to synthesize business/financial data and develop recommendations.
- Planning, organizing and lead/supervisory skills.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective leader and member of project teams.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- May require regular use of vehicle in the performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling in the performance of site surveys or security audits.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Coaching staff in a positive manner.
- Reading and analyzing reports and financial data, including related computer usage.
- Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.
Date Posted: 3/8/2018
Job Code: 6248
City: Panama City Beach
Country: United States of America