The Hughston Clinic Medical Assistant Trauma Full Time in Panama City, Florida
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Position Goal: Assist Physician(s) in Clinic with patient care activities. Complete administrative duties as required.
- Familiarity with what the physician requires for a productive clinic.
- Review and maintain charts to ensure completeness/EMR guidelines w/reviewing clinicals.
- Escort patient from waiting area to triage area, ranging from those patients with full mobility to limited mobility. Constant monitoring of schedules and patient flow during clinic to ensure maximum efficiency/organization.
- Review initial vital signs evaluation to include any lab specimens
- Remove staples, sutures, and assist with minor surgical procedures as needed
- Assist with placement, removal, and instruction of devices such as splints, immobilizers, braces, and bandages
- Clean and sterilize equipment using approved techniques
- Clean and stock exam rooms and change sheets on exam tables after each patient
- Communicate restrictions and instructions to patients
- Follow up calls to patients after surgery or other invasive procedure to document their progress
- Communication with outside facilities for scheduling tests or surgery to include having any necessary orders, pre-cert, or referral information ready
- Completion of insurance, disability, and FMLA forms in a timely manner
- Assist in administrative duties as required, to include but not limited to: collection of past due balances when scheduling surgery, check in/check out; scheduling appointments, procedures, and surgeries, pre-cert procedures, insurance verification, data entry, posting charges, and assisting secretaries.
- Other duties as assigned. Experience: CMA or one year of relevant experience required. Requires computer experience. Knowledge of AthenaNet and medical terminology preferred. Education:High School or equivalent required, and MA certification a plus Special Qualifications:Must be able to work independently and have working knowledge of HIPAA requirements. Maintains CPR certification. Knowledge of the health care field and medical specialty. Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must be in good standing.
Title: Medical Assistant Trauma Full Time
Department: Trauma Operations
Location: Panama City, FL